Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Lugs


Some more bowls- a prospective return order for a Rosh Pina restaurant,but they want some a bit smaller and some a bit larger than the sample they brought me,and a different glaze [which I don't have as yet...] so I thought I'd better do some tests. It took me years to work out how to attach a simple,clean lug ,so I rather enjoy doing them,although they do add a lot of work to a bowl.Not that it's particularly difficult- I just catch on slowly.

Well, Meir should be an hour into the firing by now. I hope to be there tomorrow,and as much as possible over the 6 days of the firing.Maybe I'll see you there- if you've never been [and I can't recommend it highly enough,even if you're not ceramically inclined]- the kiln is a couple of streets behind Egged/Pardes Hanna,behind Hans and Illana's wonderful shop, "Plastic Plus".A happy and successful firing to all concerned,and God save our pots!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home