Thursday, March 27, 2008

Facetted cup


While waiting for the anagama to cool,I threw some facetted cups today. It's one of my favourite shapes,both to make and to drink from, designed to be a bit more classy than a mug,while not requiring a saucer,which I can't be bothered to make,and you don't want to buy.
Over the years I have learned from my customers that that first cup of tea or coffee in the morning is critical for setting the tone for the day,and this cup is my candidate for the post. I had already made 20 or so when I thought about filming: the remaining few that I filmed didn't come out quite as well as the rest- this being the best of them- but I think you can see how it's done.
Reports from Tel Hai say that their anagama firing is going well [it began yesterday],reaching temperature with ease [and skillful stoking and,especially,dry wood]- I hope to be there this evening for a few hours,before returning home for a few hours' sleep,then up betimes [Pepys] and off to Pardes Hanna for the opening on Friday morning. See you there!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home