Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tea Party



My last batch of teapots has sold out: they weren't that good,but they're gone,and Sydney feels a salt firing coming over him,and I've never made teapots for the salt,and I thought it might be quite a challenge to make them in the middle of a hot Summer,with pots drying while you look at them,and anyway my gas kiln is not giving me the results I look for [notwithstanding recent comments on kiln blame] -the new one is on its way from Laser in the U.K.- and I'm still trying to get that flush-fitting lid worked out,and after all these years I still haven't worked out how to slice the tip of the spout so it comes out of the firing straight [and doesn't drip] and I saw a picture of a squared teapot that I liked in a ceramic magazine and thought I'd like to try some,without being altogether clear about how to make them,and I had some space to fill in the bisc kiln. These are some of the thoughts behind the current foursome,which are now assembled,slipped for salt,and awaiting their bisc firing. I can see something wrong with each of them [angle of spout,height of handle,fit of lid,shape,proportion,balance...]...but the last lot sold...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home