Sunday, April 03, 2005

Various emotional states

Our thoughts and commiserations to all on the passing of the Pope,and to Hana on the tragic loss of her duckling:"whom the gods love die young".
The Pope was 84.
On a brighter [and less offensive] note,I have worked out,as you doubtless spotted,how to get my links to stay up at the top of the blog,instead of disappearing slowly into the archive.If you desire to join this illustrious company,let me know.
On an even brighter note,I am back from the Anagama opening - backstrained,swollenkneed,thumbcut,necktight,headwacked,hipstiff,asheyed -
ah,but so happy,with my haul of treasures,which,despite overcast skies and rain,I shall attempt to photograph anon.A great firing - some present murmured the best yet,tho' I fancy hearing this almost every year -even the total,dramatic and mysterious collapse of an entire stack of shelves towards the back of the kiln [see picture below,somewhere] that we heard as an ominous crump on the third evening didn't detract from the general rejoicing,coming after so many beautiful pots,and with subsequent stacks visible and well-fired.Meir seemed slightly stunned by the success of the kiln,and all of us involved in the event felt emotionally drained as we packed the last boxes into Meir's car Saturday night.Today I resisted the temptation to fire crystal kiln#2,one hopes less of a disaster than #1,and am allowing my emotions to drain back in again.Hang about a bit,and I'll show you some pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home