Sunday, March 27, 2005

Brief Update on Way to Shower

Recovering gently from the exertions of Meir's firing and Purim which followed hard on its heels,I spent a leisurely sunny morning washing the studio floor [a ritual I perform quite often,especially when preparing,as now,do do some lustres and decals,which tend to be a bit fussy about dust.Not to mention my lungs,doubtless already indignant at the copious black smoke that one inhales tending the anagama kiln.]Then I un- and re-loaded the crystal kiln to even it up,to what effect we shall doubtless learn when I refire it tomorrow.Sydney arrived in the afternoon,and we proceeded to deconstruct my salt kiln with the dextrous use of a car-jack,ending up with eight or so manageable pieces of kiln which we hope to reassemble soon outside his studio.
Meir's firing went amazingly smoothly,to the extent that we packed up Thursday afternoon instead of after Shabbat,as planned,gratifyingly-ash-glazed rings having been withdrawn from the kiln in all possible locations.After a quick shower and rest,I caught a Megillah reading at a local bet-knesset,then drove to Amirim for the pre-party at Moshe's picturesque khusha,getting home around eleven,tired,as they say,but happy.And,of course,it being Purim,drunk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home