Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Ah,porcelain!

You're the clay for me!Spent most of the day swabbing down the studio floor and completing slipped and carved decoration on a slight backlog of accumulated and over-dry pots,which quite conveniently just filled the bisc kiln.During the afternoon,noted local artist and chum Mike Leaf invited us round to see his paintings-a riot of colour that speaks of a decided joy in living.Back,inspired,to the studio,where,having taken the new porcelain for a couple of small outings on the wheel,I wedged up two 4 kilo lumps to check it out under more taxing conditions.Amazingly,4 kilos doesn't exactly tax it,as you can see in the picture:I can't get my stoneware up to this height without it buckling,and porcelains are invariably harder to work with.Tomorrow I'll try adding another few kilos and see where we get to-although I was already almost up to my armpit with these two.
Do you like the new terror alert? It is a service for my more paranoid readers-remember - WE KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home