Sunday, March 12, 2006

Trimming in a Chuck

 Hastily improvised,as they were too narrow for the bisced chucks I have lying around the studio.Not to be confused with a chum,which is a mold [usu. bisced clay or plaster] shaped to the inside of a pot [a bowl or mug,for instance] to support a stamp pressed into the outside surface.Just thought you'd like to know.We used them in Robin Welch's pottery to roll Silver Jubilee mugs over a print-bed [in 1977,obviously,when I was apprenticed to Robin].We sold a huge number of those mugs,and I think I made most of them. Posted by Picasa



Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home