Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Unstrung Hero


Drove to Tel Aviv yesterday to deliver some pots and check out David Glick's wonderful collection of teabowls on show at the Ramat Gan Museum of Far Eastern Art. While in the area,I visited Weapon World on Ibn Gvirol where I used to buy archery equipment,only to discover a svelte new investment company occupying the premises,the previous owner having retired and closed the business. I was hoping to buy a straw target boss,my old one having been liberated from Amirei HaGalil by persons unknown- which explains the year-long absence of archery reports,in case you wondered. I'm trying to get in touch with the Israel Archery Federation to see if they can help- if not,it's back to the straw bales,I think,before my stringfingers lose any more hard skin.
These teabowls are,unmistakably,by Shoji Hamada z"l,part of the exhibition together with pieces by just about every potter you ever heard of- even including a rare teabowl by Robin Welch,my teacher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home